Friday, February 14, 2014

Moving day

~ Well it's moving day for Cavendish to move from his 16 gallon pot to his new 21 gallon wine barrel liner.  I will also be removing three pups and giving them their own pots.  The biggest one will be going to my Mom.  The 21 gallon wine barrel liner had a very wide top ledge. It was so wide that it would not fit through the narrow 26" walk in closet door, so I had to modify the rather wide to lip. When I was done I watered it in with a gallon of Fruit Fuel fertilizer.

Before

New  21 gallon wine container liner

Rootbound
Getting ready to remove first pup.

Removing the first pup.

First pup removed


The three pups I removed



The three pups in the 16 gallon pot


With 16" measure stick in new pot.



No damage done to leafs.

Ready to go back inside
All are back in the house. The green is looking extra awesome right now, :)
My first pup for Mom in a temp 1 gallon pot. I will let my mom provide the dirt to repot him into a larger ?12 gallon? pot I have.

The other 2 smaller pups are in 4" pots to be handed to new homes.


My Plant Information:Super Dwarf Cavendish Fruiting Banana Tree
Lighting:4 ft. 6 tube - T-5 6400k High output fluorescent
Light hours:14 On - 10 Off
Grow More 16-8-24 Fruit FuelPremium Fruit Formula for application throughout the growing season. Contains full-spectrum of secondary and micronutrients utilized by fruiting plants. Provides plants with a steady dosage of potash for use during present cycle of fruit production or storage for next year's crop. Lower Nitrogen to Potassium ratio to discourage flower and fruit drop. Sufficient Phosphate level for excellent performance without overstimulating the plant to bloom out of season.
Soil:Standard potting soil - Without water retainers
Container Pot:Smaller 16.32 gallons - 11" deep by 18" width swapped for a new 21 gallon pot 22" avg. width, 13" deep
Pest Control:Insecticidal soap, Diatomaceous earth
Walk in plant closet:7' x 4'-6" - With curtain and a ceiling ventilation fan.
My Indoor Temps:Low 60(Winter) - Average 65-75 - High 80(Summer)

No comments:

Post a Comment